Will a portable generator run a arc welder? Yahoo Answers
110 volt welder 50 to 70 amp 01-19-2005, 01:12 AM. hey whats up. a new guy here. i had a question, i am looking at a 110v welder, low amps is 50amp and high amps is 70 amps. the only rods it calls for is 1/16 and 5/64, know will this welder be good for welding sheetmetal or will it burn through. it says it welds 18 gauge to 1/8 metal. my dad has a 220v miller ac/dc that goes down to 30 amps... 8/09/2008 · I have a little 110 clarke stick welder that is 80 amps or so and it uses the 1/16'' and 5/64'' rods also.I get rod from ace or farm and fleet for it.
Product Northern Industrial Arc 70 115 Volt Welder
hi,i have a question about a 49 to 70 amp small stick welder, my book says the effective input amps is 8.5 and the maximum input amps is 25.8 but it says to use a 20 amp breaker also,now it says it is120v 1 phase 60 Hz machine so i want to find out a proper ext cord amp rating... 24/10/2013 · I know my grandfather used to use oxy/acetaline but on the occasion he used a stick welder (out of gas usually) I remember him using a much hire setting (high 100's I think), so I figured it had to be around there to cut.
Campbell Hausfeld WS0970 115-Volt 70 Amp Arc Stick Welder
This inverter arc welder has three specialized inverter functions to provide more power and versatility! Features include a thermal overload protection with indicator light, an easy carry shoulder strap to transport it to the job and a Hot Start feature to get you started on your welds quickly. how to use a lemon squeezer It's always best to size welder circuits and wiring based on the input current requirements of the welder. For example, 240-volt, 40- to 50-input amp welders will require a 50-amp circuit breaker and 6-gauge wiring. Welders operating at 30 to 40 input amps require a 40-amp breaker and 8-gauge wire. Small welders operating below 30 input amps can use 10-gauge wire with a 30-amp circuit breaker.
Stick Welders Lincoln Electric Canada
24/10/2013 · I know my grandfather used to use oxy/acetaline but on the occasion he used a stick welder (out of gas usually) I remember him using a much hire setting (high 100's I think), so I figured it had to be around there to cut. how to stop hair going limp after shampoo read more about stick welding a multipass fillet. Stick welding has been around a very long time. In fact, it was the late 1920's when Lincoln introduced the first flux coated electrode (before that bare wire electrodes were used).
How long can it take?
Stick welding for sheet metal on cars? Yahoo Answers
- That little 70 amp Campbell Hausfeld welder weldingweb.com
- 50 amp circuit for stick welder weldingweb.com
- Arc Stick Welder 115 Volt 70 Amp (Campbell Hausfeld
- 110 volt welder 50 to 70 amp Weld Talk Message Boards
How To Use A 70 Amp Stick Welder
24/10/2013 · I could probably make either size work on 1/8", but the real question is if you can. With only 2 amp settings you will be very limited as to control. 40 amps may or may not work with the 1/16" rods, and 70 may or may not work with the 3/32" rods...
- Lightweight and easy enough to use for repair projects around the house or farm. Plus, it's an ideal welder for a beginner to learn the basics of welding. Welds mild steel up to 1/8in. No external gas or gas mixture is needed for shielding: shielding is provided by the flux that comes on the electrodes.
- 28/02/2007 · Harley a Stick amperage calculator is a really hugh help when deciding what a machine can do.Im looking at mine right now an there isnt awhole lot 70 amps is going to do for you.Then you have to see if its 70 amps ac or dc.from my cal it shows you would be able to burn some 3/32 6010,6011,6013, some 7018 but your pushing it an some 308L.Theres
- The Ozito Arc Welder AWG-964 has been designed to weld most steel products. Its varying current range, lightweight and portability make it an ideal welder for many jobs. It is intended for DIY use only. Current regulating knob adjusts current flow and enables the use of 2.0 - 2.5mm electrodes Fan
- 5/04/2010 · Running the welder at maximum rating for even short periods is not advisable - most buy a welder that has a larger max-rating than they expect to need and run it mostly at 60%-70% or so with a draw on the maximum for small jobs and intermittent use.