Remote turn-on/off for sub/amp v8sho.com
I hooked up a new sub to a Sony Xplod amp about a month ago. It worked perfect for about a week then just one day quit. The only way i could get the sony amp to power on was by touchin the 12V power terminal and remote terminal at the SAME TIME with the REMOTE WIRE.... 1.verify connections...Make sure your ground wire is grounded to a location on the body where you will sand the paint away to make good metal to metal contact. 2.with a volt meter check for battery voltage on the red wire of the amp as close to the amp as possible.verify that your remote or trigger wire from the radio (blue wire) id connected to the remote terminal of the amp.. turn on key
How Does Remote Wire Work? the12volt.com
Easy way to check were the problem is take a 6" piece of wire. Unhook the remote wire from your amp. Then hookup your 6" piece of wire to amp remote terminal then take other end and connect to the... 7/11/2007 · The remote wire is only for turning the amp on, not for powering the amp. The power antenna is the same, just a low voltage to turn the antenna on. The power antenna is the same, just a low voltage to turn the antenna on.
Car Amp Install. 4 Steps instructables.com
4/03/2008 · Factory wires has 2 unused as well, amp turn on and power antenna. Headunit gets power and does all it's suppose to, just no sound due to no amp power. Headunit gets power and does all it's suppose to, just no sound due to no amp power. how to search on google properly reddit 6/06/2009 · In short I have a factory radio and have my subs installed... Now I need to tap in the amps remote wire somewhere so it will turn on. I have been searching and searching for this answer, but this site has so much info it is taking for ever.
remote wire? Tacoma World
The main factors that you need to consider when you wire in two or more amps are how you will deal with the power cable, grounding each amp, and whether or not the remote turn-on signal from your head unit is strong enough to split between multiple amps. how to turn siri on an ipad 2 25/08/2007 · okay stick some wire into the power input on the amp (where your power cable goes in) then put that wire you have just inserted into the remote input to power up the amp. that will power the amp …
How long can it take?
Car Audio Amplifier Installation
- No Remote Wire or Using a Factory Head Unit Car Audio Help
- Amp install "Where is the remote wire?" e90post.com
- Expert Tips for Properly Wiring a Car Audio System THE SHOP
- Adding RCAs to a Standard Car Head Unit 6 Steps (with
How To Turn On Amp Without Remote Wire
Run the remote turn-on from the head unit (usually the blue wire) to amp1's remote turn-on connection, then run a wire directly from amp1's turn-on connection to amp2's turn-on connection. It is probably the easiest thing you will do during the whole install.
- 4/03/2008 · Factory wires has 2 unused as well, amp turn on and power antenna. Headunit gets power and does all it's suppose to, just no sound due to no amp power. Headunit gets power and does all it's suppose to, just no sound due to no amp power.
- Hi, i've got an amp and line level converters and i'd like to hook my subs to my stock stereo (because i'm poor and like the ipod input jack) Anyways, i'm guessing the stock deck doesn't have a remote power on out for the amp to turn it on when the car is on and off.
- You are right a positive voltage without a path to ground does nothing. The remote wire is a positive voltage. The ground wire of your amp provides ground to the power supply and the remote turn …
- Plug your RCA leads, speaker leads and remote turn-on lead from the amp into the back of the head unit. If your head unit doesn't have a remote turn-on wire, you'll need to wire the amp's remote